Forum problems earlier today and software update

Important information regarding TI3PBF.com
Sunchaser
Resident Code Monkey
Resident Code Monkey

Forum problems earlier today and software update

Post by Sunchaser » November 13th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Hi everyone!

Earlier today some of the functions of the forum weren't working properly and PHP code errors started appearing. That was due to an update of the PHP version used by the webhoster which meant that some of the forum code couldn't be run any longer. I haven't updated the forum code in a long while. This is because some of the modification that I made to it cannot be easily transferred to the newest version.

For now I have managed to downgrade the PHP version again but I can only do that until December 3rd. Therefore I will have to update the code soon, most likely sometime next week (I'll post the exact date and time at least 48 hours in advance).

As I said before updating the software will remove some modifications. The major mods to the forum are the dice roller and the banners. I think I can restore the banners (at least the BBCode for them) but the dice roller will likely remain gone because I don't have the time these days to add a new one.

Lastly there is a small chance that something goes horribly wrong and I cannot restore the forum. I will make a backup of everything beforehand but if something goes wrong it might take me a while to get things back. Therefore I would advise all active GMs, to make sure they have a way to contact their players outside of this site.

If the site is down, I can by reached either through BGG where I have the same username or via email (which is my username @ti3pbf.com).
Do you really want to know what I want? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want us to be what we used to be!

Sunchaser
Resident Code Monkey
Resident Code Monkey

Re: Forum problems earlier today and software update

Post by Sunchaser » November 27th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Update: I will attempt to update to the forum software this weekend, most likely on Saturday. Thus the site will be down for a few hours. Once again, I can't fully guarantee that I can update everything smoothly, so please, GMs, make sure you have a way to contact your players without this site.
Do you really want to know what I want? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want us to be what we used to be!

Sunchaser
Resident Code Monkey
Resident Code Monkey

Post by Sunchaser » December 1st, 2018, 6:31 pm

The forum is updated now. The wiki unfortunately is down for now. I may not have time to fix it before Christmas.

Many features are currently missing but may be brought back soon. Feel free to post requests in the appropriate forum.

aNebula

Post by aNebula » December 1st, 2018, 7:25 pm

Thank you very much for your hard work!
Ghosts of Creuss - Imperium Rising 2
The Arborec - Epic Imperium 2
The Yssaril Tribes - Quick Conquest