View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vassal Module requests 
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

To the people who put work in developing the module :

Would it be possible to add Blank SC's 1 to 9, with just the name but no text on it?
When playing with a variant SC it sort of avoids confusion.

So I could use the RAW 1-2-4-5-6-7 and use a variant "blank" 3 and 8.

Also please add like one extra Supernova please. We have 3 asteroid belts but only two nova's. Resulting in me stealing the Muaat's Tech Tile far too often :)

September 7th, 2015, 2:51 pm
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

I would also love to have blank SC cards! While thinking about it, it would also be great to have blank objectives, but just using the backs works for those, so SC are the priority!

September 7th, 2015, 2:56 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Blanks would be good and not very hard. I have interest in that as well as adding in extra units, tokens, etc.

My big holdup at the moment is the whole issue with the CC return. That seems fundamental enough to make me hesitant to do more development in the current module until it is solved. I'm still working on it very intermittently.

As for specific requests to add to the field. I'll say:
- Lots of various wormhole tokens (maybe even new wormhole types. Also, flipping wormhole token might be cool to add). If wormholes aren't currently infinite tokens of each type, create an implementation like the markers so that they can be.
- Extra ships and other similar things. These might sit in the setup area so that they are only accessible when needed for variants.
- Add back Fog of War elements that were removed in one of the module reorgs. Art should be available in module 1.12b3.

September 9th, 2015, 5:48 pm
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

Yeah, all good things too IMO. I notice that version 2.2 is stable (and the returning CC/SC and map setup options all work), but it would be a shame to fork development from that point I guess? On the other hand, perhaps the extension stuff could be added again (in a not buggy way) at a later date...

September 9th, 2015, 6:09 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

I think I just solved the CC issue. More about it in the topic discussing that!

September 9th, 2015, 6:15 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

marsman57 wrote:

- Lots of various wormhole tokens (maybe even new wormhole types. Also, flipping wormhole token might be cool to add). If wormholes aren't currently infinite tokens of each type, create an implementation like the markers so that they can be.
- Extra ships and other similar things. These might sit in the setup area so that they are only accessible when needed for variants.

I'm pretty sure the 2.1 version has Wormhole Tokens you can infinitely drag on the map. I think they're next to the spacemines.

As for the extra ships, in our Fog of War game we used "Scout ships", they had their own model. Maybe they can be salvaged.

September 10th, 2015, 8:15 am
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

Updating this wishlist, per the other thread to include:

Quote:
An extra Ion storm.
Many extra Blank tiles (10+?)
Probably in a special deck.

Given the numbers and the Supernova that evernoob requested, perhaps just doubling the numbers of special tiles (and empties) would be good. So 4 Supernova, 4 Ion Storm, 8 Asteroids and so on. This will make anyone creating maps in the future have options.

September 21st, 2015, 2:55 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

My own requests:
- Make race selection possible to be done by the GM without switching seats to every player.
- Racial techs are currently delivered to the main map face-down when a race is selected. I think they should probably go to the player's private area face-up instead as they are not going to have any use for them on the map. I can't see any condition where people won't be manually moving these to private area immediately because the main map areas always get crowded (at least if a player is doing well regarding planets and techs!)
- (Added 1/6/16) Possible bug: Do not seem to be able to select anything from the Planet Systems deck if "Send to GM" has not been pressed.

Possible things to fix in general:
- The way various types of objectives have their cards structured are completely different from one another. We may want to consider a more unified methodology for objective cards. There is definitely a single "ObjectiveCard" prototype that could be leveraged.
- I don't think the "send to bottom" button for political cards is working.
- XRD Transporter pre-requisite misspelled on Type IV Drive (Normal Tech Tree)
- DS Token ownership -- pretty sure that if you replace a side (such as GM), you cannot flip DS tokens placed by the first GM. (Technical notes: Change mask property from "Any Player" to "Any Side" and move Mask property below "Return to Deck")
- Objective Ownership -- some of the same issues as the DS one above.
- Known bug from 2.3 release notes: CC can't be flipped while in a rotated state. I'll check into this.
- Systems Deck should be face-down. This should aid in blindly distributing cards for galaxy building in a live game or PBF without an impartial GM. I don't see any advantage of it being face-up either. If you're looking for particular tiles to build the galaxy, you can send it to searchable.

My questions to pose to others:
- Does anyone use all of those dice buttons? I think they are a distraction and maybe could be moved into another menu if desired.
- Do people like the Player Areas under a button? I kind of liked having them all on the main page in the old module.

Last edited by marsman57 on February 9th, 2016, 5:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

September 21st, 2015, 3:09 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Given that no one else seems to have an interest or time for Vassal development, I plan to keep the ship running on that for now. There are some bugs with the current module and feature requests for a new module.

I put some conscious effort into thinking about the implication of new module releases and the danger of too many causing a fracture in community (who wants to have 5+ modules installed at once!?!) so my general intent is to release a new module upgrade no more frequently than every 6 months (excluding critical bugfix releases). Also, I do not intend to do any backend overhauls of existing features unless absolutely necessary. The one exception might be unifying the way objectives work across all types.

More to come once I actually have some time to think about development.

January 12th, 2016, 7:48 pm
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

That is good news! Hit me up for anything you want beta tested before releases.

January 12th, 2016, 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next