View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2017, 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Should I look into buying the domain ti4pbf.com? 
Resident Code Monkey
Resident Code Monkey

I'll just leave this here before I go to bed: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/com ... mage_from/

August 11th, 2017, 7:56 am
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

from what I heard TI4 is TI3 for dummies

August 21st, 2017, 6:18 am
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

My hot take is that you could buy the domain, but it should just forward to the same forums for now. Let the same community support both games rather than splitting it in some way.

August 22nd, 2017, 3:51 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

If you would buy a domain, rather look if TIpbf.com is available.
I would NOT split up the community in any way. When creating a game the same parameters can be checked like we do now for expansions. And as always it is the GM who decides on the options / houserules.

In any way we can't play much TI4 here unless some hero decides to either make a new Vassal Module for it, OR an even bigger hero makes a web based tool for it. If I had the skillz I would gladly start working on it in my free time, but for some reason I chose to major in Chemical engineering instead of IT, and my skillz don't go beyond user level :(

Lastly : TI4 is definitely NOT a dumbed down version. On the contrary it has some really neat interaction possibilities and I expect our live games to quickly become 100% TI4.
Yes some of the variants and options have not yet been introduced in TI4, and the available planet tiles are quite restrictive, but we will definitely see some expansions for the game. I hope that the items they introduce in the expansions are all well tested without any broken shenanigans.

August 28th, 2017, 10:32 am
Resident Code Monkey
Resident Code Monkey

evernoob wrote:
If you would buy a domain, rather look if TIpbf.com is available.
I would NOT split up the community in any way. When creating a game the same parameters can be checked like we do now for expansions. And as always it is the GM who decides on the options / houserules.

Honestly, this was just my way of spreading TI4 rumors that were going around shortly before the announcement. I currently have no real plans of buying any domains and definitely won't make a new site. If someone buys it and redirects here, that would of course be cool.

evernoob wrote:
In any way we can't play much TI4 here unless some hero decides to either make a new Vassal Module for it, OR an even bigger hero makes a web based tool for it. If I had the skillz I would gladly start working on it in my free time, but for some reason I chose to major in Chemical engineering instead of IT, and my skillz don't go beyond user level :(

Well, horseloverfat is working on a TI3 web app, though currently that's on hold I believe. Depending on how he sets it up, it should be able to run TI4 games easily as well because most basic concepts are the same. You'd just need to replace image files etc, which should be listed in files or database tables.

August 28th, 2017, 5:45 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

When making a new module, I would seriously consider leaving much more -Blank- components such as Strategy Cards, to start with. But also Race Sheet text or whatever.
This makes it more easy to houserule everything.

Just post all the correct card wordings in the rules section of the game.

I will still be playing TI3 games here, but as soon as a TI4 game becomes available here I'll jump on it. I like pretty much all the changes they have made and don't really miss anything they have left out, except for some system tiles which allowed me to create cool and balanced maps.

August 29th, 2017, 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]