View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2018, 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Teaser 

custodian
Coming to computers near you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibgDdwABAioas

Last edited by PsiComa on December 28th, 2016, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 4th, 2016, 2:45 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Owkay, what is this and why does it look so god damn tasty?

February 4th, 2016, 10:09 pm
Module Developer
Module Developer

It is Tabletop Simulator. A boardgame engine that only cares about graphics.

It has no private areas that I am aware of* and you have to pay for it. From what I have seen, it can be pretty nice for a live game, but is of no use for PbF.

* at least not private areas that can't be seen by other players

"Thou art directed to return to thine own solar system immediately."

February 5th, 2016, 6:22 am

Zhe Tiny wrote:
Owkay, what is this and why does it look so god damn tasty?

That's the reaction I was hoping for! 8-)

Quote:
It is Tabletop Simulator. A boardgame engine that only cares about graphics.

I guess you mean to say it's a physics sandbox that let you move stuff around, but does not have programmed rules. Cause those graphics lets you play a game with faraway people, and in small blocks of time.

Quote:
It has no private areas that I am aware of* and you have to pay for it. From what I have seen, it can be pretty nice for a live game, but is of no use for PbF.
* at least not private areas that can't be seen by other players

Off course it has private areas. And off course you have to pay for it; costs about as much as a cheese burger and fries on Steam sales. And yeah, it's not a substitution for PBF, it serves a different purpose.

Last edited by PsiComa on February 21st, 2016, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2016, 7:59 am
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

I would buy this just to make screenshots of epic moves (by me or other players, but preferably by me...), well...if it's only the price of a cheeseburger that is :p
(If Winnu hadn't killed my spy in round 1, then turn 1 would have been so godly crazy good for me in TPoD)

PS: what is that asteroid glitch in the second screenshot?
I didn't know lodor had an asteroid wall :p

February 5th, 2016, 12:26 pm
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

Do you remember that set of house rules that you were looking over and PMed me about Zhe Tiny? PsiComa is the guy who wrote those rules... and made this thing too. Asteroid Belts are tokens that can go on a map and prevent ships from moving through them unless they have Antimass (also block PDS fire). Basically like asteroids *between* systems.

If you want to check out a current SA game using them you can see one I am GMing here.

EDIT: I mention it because there are something like 15 asteroid belts on the map.

February 5th, 2016, 12:38 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Ah, yeah I saw the SA ruleset and the new games... but the changes are so drastic that it's a completely new game :)
So I'm gonna hold off my hands for a while.

February 5th, 2016, 1:29 pm
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

Zhe Tiny wrote:
Ah, yeah I saw the SA ruleset and the new games... but the changes are so drastic that it's a completely new game :)
So I'm gonna hold off my hands for a while.

Agreed, it is a new game. One where Yssaril doesn't win every game, among other things. ;)

There are many changes but I can tell you I can't be bothered to play RAW anymore. It's just not worth it to me.

February 5th, 2016, 1:35 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

RAW does have some balancing issues. But for the most part players can balance that out themselves.
The main thing that drew my attention was the ability to change the direction of strategy card selection...
I have always felt that taking assembly had to many drawbacks compared to it's secondary, and that's something you completely resolve with the SA ruleset.
There are some really nice tweaks and changes in SA, but I also find a lot of unnecessary changes...
I will defenitely give it a try to experience my initial thoughts on the implemented changes.
Being a "completely different game" is just as much an advantage as it is a disadvantage :p

Back on topic: amazing... did you do all the work on that PsiComa? (grapics on units & tiles and all that...)

Now I want a Samsung SUR40.....

February 5th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Apprentice Game Master
Apprentice Game Master

Yeah, I don't want to derail the thread either. I shouldn't have said it's a "new game", it's still the same game without most of the crap I didn't like about RAW and with some tweaks which, after having tried them, I do mostly like. Yes, players can balance out the game, if all the players know what they are doing... A high-level table where the weaker races can keep the strong in check can surely work. Each to their own!

February 5th, 2016, 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next