[Custom Races] Stargates

The place to discuss home-brew variants and any other fan-made content
jpsuchecki
Expert Game Master
Expert Game Master

Re: [Custom Races] Stargates

Post by jpsuchecki » September 22nd, 2014, 3:37 pm

I've thought of doing races based off stargate before.

Something like the ancients who would always get to use the primary of tech and could move anything from 1 spacedock to another (following standard rules) as an action.
"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success." Elliot Carver -Tomorrow Never Dies

TerTer

Post by TerTer » September 29th, 2014, 8:55 am

Don't think that Asgrad should have ability to carry one additional ground force, i don't think they like to invade planets looking at the fluf :) Maybe give them, they can execute Diplomacy primary instead of secondary.

Goauld it like mostly.

Ori, i think should start with dread instead of 2 cruisers and the Assault cannon on Cruiser is not that impressive for a race of supper power :) Don't say they should be op, but fluff wise cruiser is no go for me. Maybe give them they can remove 1 enemy GF or convert to there own invading.

Replicators look ok, but could be, that you don't need space dock to build GF on planets that contain GF. Replication :)

Tauri too good ability to execute secondaries for free. Maybe, you can execute 1 secondary for free in a round. Else i think it's too good.

Tokra abilities look good.

Grummore

Post by Grummore » September 29th, 2014, 11:55 am

Thanks for the feedback! While I think about it, I already have a few things updated in a file I didn't have the time to put here yet. There are some of your ideas floating around here. As soon it's up and running, I will ask for your thoughts again!
Game in --> For the Good of the Commonwealth (Xxcha)
Working on --> Stargates variant for Vassal

Grummore

Post by Grummore » April 2nd, 2015, 12:50 pm

Question for those who will read:

Who could be interested in giving me some help to finish this Stargates Variant implementation? I'm working slowly on the pictures and the module add-on, but if I don't want to have this module completed in 10 years (or more), I might need some help.

Grummore

Post by Grummore » April 2nd, 2015, 1:03 pm

So far, I managed to almost complete the Asgard race with everything needed for all TI3 expansion. There are a few things with the cards colouring and the waving flag isn't done yet

Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage