Super Nova Wormhole

General discussions about the TI3 rules
AbandonAllHope
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Super Nova Wormhole

Post by AbandonAllHope » September 3rd, 2017, 5:52 am

There are 2 ways I can think of for a tile that has a wormhoe on it to become a super nova. One if you flip the supernova FF token on an empty space wormhole tile, and two if Muaat uses nova seed on a wprmhole tile.

My question is this, does the wormole still exsist? In mist situations it wouldn't matter since no one can activate a super nova. But the Muaat can move through super novas.... So can they still ude the wormhole? Also the gravity drive tech works for ships thst start adjacent to wormholes.... Is the worhole still there to be adjacent to?

The base rulebook says only that super novas may never be activated. The FF token us a bit ambiguous. It says all ships are destroyed and the system is treated as a super nova. But this is the same wording as the gravity well token, which I wouldn't think would affect a wormhole.

Now with nova seed the wording states that you replace the system, making me think that any wormhole that might have been there is gone. But thw FF token I'm not sure, I'd say a wormhole thst was there before the token existed is still there.

Thoughts?
Imperium Rising 2: GM
Stellar Soup Opera: The Embers of Muaat
Epic Imperium 2: Sardakk N'Orr

brunoreturns
Module Developer
Module Developer

Re: Super Nova Wormhole

Post by brunoreturns » September 3rd, 2017, 4:17 pm

Raw, I don't think so.

For fun, I'd allow it though :)

BGGB rules allow wormholes in asteroid fields, so why not in a supernova as well...
End of an Empire - Die Roller and Card Dealer
War in the Heavens - The Barony of Letnev

"Thou art directed to return to thine own solar system immediately."

Polter
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Re: Super Nova Wormhole

Post by Polter » September 6th, 2017, 2:31 pm

This is a question for Stephen Hawking. Can suoer nova destroy a wormhole?
If not, then question should be: Is the shock wave will destrou other exits of wormhole and systems? :-)