View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 TI4 on ti3pbf 
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

I was wondering if it would be possible/allowed to play a game following the TI4 rules, using the TI3 vassal module.

It might be doable I think, but some items would be hard get done and might be confusing.
I wrote down all the things and ordered them from easy to fix to hard :

Easy to manage
Rae Sheets : write down the exact race sheets in a rules thread, just use the module version for the graphic
Trade Goods : use PCTG for commodities, TG as usual
Strategy Cards : write down the exact race sheets in a rules thread, just use the module version for the graphic

Medium to manage
Missing Secret Objectives : manage secret objectives by forum.
Public Objectives : trim the objectives deck

Very Annoying
Planet tiles / cards : TI4 uses all the systems of vanilla TI3, with apart from two systems the exact same resource/influence values. However all technology bonuses have been replaced.
Action / Political cards : Trim the existing deck as well as possible. Some AC/PC will be missing, too bad
Technology cards : this will be annoying, no idea yet how to manage

Conclusion : why hasn't anyone started working on a web based TI4 yet? :P

October 18th, 2017, 10:52 am
Resident Code Monkey
Resident Code Monkey

evernoob wrote:
I was wondering if it would be possible/allowed to play a game following the TI4 rules, using the TI3 vassal module.

It will definitely be allowed but of course the same restriction for posting AC and PC text applies as for TI3. I agree that it should be possible to do this with the TI3 module for now.

evernoob wrote:
Conclusion : why hasn't anyone started working on a web based TI4 yet? :P

I really wish I had the time for this. I'm curious what the status of ti3.io is. It shouldn't be too hard to make a web app for playing both TI3 and TI4 at the same time. The differences really come down to a few settings and loading different asset files and deck lists.

October 19th, 2017, 9:03 am
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

A Vassal extension for the missing SO/AC/PC cards would not be very difficult to make. We do it for the Shattered Ascension extension. I could potentially do it, but I don't have TI4, so I would not know which cards to add (would need full text for public/secret objectives and card titles and counts for ACs and PCs).

Adding any planetary systems would be possible as well. It requires graphics to be made/imported though, and I definitely don't have time for that.

I agree with the above that a web module would be a better long term solution though!

October 19th, 2017, 2:35 pm
Veteran Game Master
Veteran Game Master

Marsman57,

I'm willing to provide you with any information required.
Just hit me up in PM!

November 29th, 2017, 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]